Strike Media Monster Mustang Retail Promotion
Terms & Conditions
The terms and conditions set out below ("Terms and Conditions") apply to the Monster Mustang Promotion ("Promotion") being run and administered by Strike Media ("Promoter" or "us" or "we"). These Terms and Conditions will prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications sent to you by us, including advertising or promotional materials. Prize redemption instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions and by entering this Promotion all participants will be deemed to have accepted, and shall be bound by, the Terms and Conditions. This version of the Terms and Conditions applies to Participants (defined below) in the Republic of South Africa.
- Important Provisions
We have a duty, in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, No 68 of 2008 ("CPA") to point out certain important provisions in these Terms and Conditions to you. The clauses which contain these important provisions and the reasons why they are important are set out below. It is very important that you read all these clauses carefully and not just what we say below.
- Limitation of risk, legal responsibilities and liability. Clauses 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23 herein below are important because they limit and exclude obligations, liabilities and legal responsibilities that we and other persons or entities may otherwise have to you. As a result of these clauses, your rights and remedies against us and these other persons and entities are limited or excluded. These clauses also limit or exclude your right to recover from, or make claims against, Strike Media for losses, damages, liability or harm you or others may suffer as a result of your participation in the Promotion. Clause 15, 16 herein below is particularly important because you take on risk, legal responsibilities and liability. In terms of this clause, you may be responsible for taxes, fees, claims and other amounts. You will also be responsible for, and you accept, various risks, damages, harm, and injury which may be suffered by you and others for what is stated in this clause.
- Indemnities by you. Clauses 15 and 16 herein below requires you to indemnify (hold harmless) us and other persons or entities against claims, loss, damages, and harm that may be suffered by us and other persons or entities as a result of the events set out in clauses in 15 and 16 herein below. You are also required to indemnify us and other persons and entities against claims for loss, damages, and harm that may be made by any person or entity as a result of the events set out in clauses 15 and 16 herein below. This places various risks, liabilities, obligations and legal responsibilities on you, and you will be responsible and liable for the payment of the value of the claims, loss, damages, and harm that may be suffered or claimed.
- The Promoter is Strike Media (PTY) Ltd [Registration Number: 2004/001270/07 with its registered office at 3rd Floor, Phase 2, 2 Francis Street, Woodstock, 7925
- The Promotion is valid only in South Africa and is open to every South African citizen that is aged 18 or over.
- The Promotion is not open to any agencies, sales agents/ merchandisers, packaging suppliers and their immediate family members (spouses, life partners, parents, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren) or their business partners, or any person who is (i) a director, member, partner, or agent of, or consultant to the Promoter or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by, the Promoter; or (ii) a supplier of goods or services in connection with the Promoter.
- The promotion is not open to employees and their immediate families of Coca-Cola Beverages of South Africa (PTY) Ltd, Peninsula Beverage Company, Strike Media (PTY) Ltd and Monster Energy SA.
- Participation in the promotion constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions. All information relating to this promotion and published on any promotional material will form part of the terms and conditions of entry.
- The promotion will run from 01 August 2020 00h00 and end on 30 November 2020 23h59. No entries received before 01 August 2020 00h00 and after 30 November 2020 23h59 will be accepted.
- Participants wishing to participate in the Promotion must:
- Purchase any Monster Energy 500ml or 330ml
- SMS the keyword MUSTANG and unique code found under tab found on your Monster Energy drink to 45075
- SMS's charged at R 1.00. Free & Bundled SMS's do not apply. (Cell C SMS's charged at standard network rates)
- OR Purchase any Monster Energy product at a participating outlet
- using URL monsterenerypromotionssa.co.za
- Follow prompts and select the Monster Mustang Promotion and enter your unique code found under tab to enter
- Data charges will apply
- You stand a chance of winning your share of R1,037,500.00 in prizes. The following prizes are available:
- 1 x FORD Mustang 5.0 GT Convertible 10ATat R740,000.00
- 1 of 500 cases Monster Energy Drinks valued at R197,500
- 1 of 200 Monster Energy Caps valued at R100,000
The 8 finalists for the FORD Mustang 5.0 GT Convertible will be drawn by means of an audited draw, which will be conducted in the presence of an auditor, no later than the 2nd of December 2020, at the offices of Strike Media.
- The finalists will be notified telephonically by a 94.7 radio station on the 4th December between 2PM & 3PM.
- The finalists will be contacted once within the above mentioned period only, and should they not answer the call, they will forfeit the prize and the following finalists will be contacted
- The same process will be followed on all calls made
- The finalist will receive a virtual key, whoever opens the vehicle will be the winner
- Secondary prize winner will be selected by a weekly random draw and will receive an SMS to notify them of their win with instructions as how to provide their delivery information
- The winner must be over the age of 18
- The main and secondary prize may not be transferred or exchanged for cash
- Till slip or ring tab to be kept for proof of purchase
- You may enter the promotion as many times as you like, but you will need to make a new purchase of any Monster Energy can, using the barcode on can, for every entry submitted.
- By entering this competition Participants are given the opportunity to Opt In to allow Strike Media and Monster Energy, and their respective Brands to collect, store and use (not share) their personal information for communication, statistical purposes and marketing communication.
- No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter, its associated companies (directors, officers and employees) agents and suppliers, for any prizes (Instant prizes and Merchandise Prizes) which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be redeemed for any technical reason, delivery or other reasons.
- As far as the law allows, all Participants indemnify the Promoter, its associated companies (directors, officers and employees) agents and suppliers, against any / all claims for any loss or damages, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from any cause whatsoever connected to or arising from their participation in any way in this Promotion and/or any receipt of and/or use of a Prize.
- Participants may be required to take part in publicity campaigns for broadcast or publishing purposes such as appearing on Monster Energy Facebook page or Twitter feed. The Participants shall always be entitled to decline the above request. The Participants who take part in any publicity will not be entitled to any payment or other remuneration for such publicity or otherwise. All publicity and other materials will be the sole property of The Promoter.
- By taking part in this Promotion, Participants hereby warrant that all information submitted to the Promoter is true, current and complete.
- The Promoter may decline to award a prize if there is a reasonable suspicion of any irregularities or fraudulent activities.
- As far as the law allows, all warranties and representations in relation to the Promotion not set out in these Terms and Conditions (whether express, implied or tacit) are hereby excluded.
- As far as the law allows, the Promoter shall only be responsible for those costs which these Terms and Conditions expressly say that the Promoter will pay. The Participant is responsible for (i) any and all applicable local taxes and fees; and (ii) all other costs incurred by it, or arising directly or indirectly from, the Participant's participation in the Promotion, or from the acceptance, receipt, use or enjoyment of any Voucher. Without limiting the rest of this clause 21, the participant will be responsible for the cost of submitting proof of purchase and entering the promotion and any data charges that apply, as per the tariff rates charged by the participant’s mobile network provider.
- The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the Promotion immediately and without notice if circumstances beyond its reasonable control prevent the Promoter, its associated companies (directors, officers and employees) agents and suppliers, from continuing to conduct the Promotion. In the event of such termination, as far as the law allows, all Participants acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter, its associated companies (directors, officers and employees) agents and suppliers, in respect thereof.
- As far as the law allows the Promoter, its associated companies (directors, officers and employees) agents and suppliers, shall not be responsible for a Participant's failure to access the Promotion for any reason whatsoever including, by way of example only, as a consequence of communications or network failures.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of South Africa.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, then that provision shall be severed from these Terms and Conditions and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- If you require any help or have any enquiries, please contact the customer helpline on 0212868990. The customer helpline will operate during normal business hours, 08:30-17:00, from Monday to Friday, excluding official national public holidays in South Africa. Calls charged at Standard Rates.